HTC Global Services (formerly Ciber Global Services) contracted with the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) to offer creative, deliverables-based IT solutions (DBITS) to DIR customers.
Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) Contract
HTC Global Services is authorized to serve any DIR customers both in Texas and throughout the United States, including state and local agencies as well as higher education institutions and independent school districts. We are committed to our client’s success!
DBITS Cooperative Contract
HTC Global Services is pleased to be offering services to state and local governments, higher education institutions, K-12 school districts, and other customers of the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) DBITS contract.DBITS provides our clients a broad range of fixed price, deliverables based services over a broad range of services to help you meet your business goals. For a full list of DBITS services, see Deliverables-Based IT Services.
Please refer to the DIR Cooperative Contracts Program for further information about DIR’s Cooperative Contracts Program.
General Contract Information
HTC Global Services, LLC (formerly Ciber Global Services, LLC)
DIR Contract Number:
Vendor ID Number:
HTC Global Services – 1821518220
Contract Issue Date:
December 13, 2021
Contract Expiration Date:
December 31, 2024
Products and Services Awarded:
Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services
Description of the Products and Services Awarded:
HTC Global Services, Inc. (formerly Ciber Global, LLC) offers Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services (DBITS) through this contract, specifically:
Technology Category 1: Application Development, Maintenance, and Support, Technology Upgrade, Migration, and Transformation; and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
This contract is for services only. No hardware or software products may be sold through a DBITS contract. Resellers are not available for this DBITS contract. Customers may competitively solicit DBITS services through requests for statements of work (SOW).
Contracts may be used by all eligible Customers including Texas State Agencies, as defined by TGC 2054.003 (13), units of Local Government, as defined by TGC 2054.003 (9), cities, counties, public school districts, municipalities,Special Purpose Districts, Institutions of Higher Education, as defined by TEC 61.003, assistance organizations, as defined by TGC 2175.001, Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA),Private Schools, as defined by TEC 5.001, Private or Independent Institutions of Higher Education, as defined by TEC 61.003, Volunteer Fire Departments, as defined by TTC 152.001, Public Safety Entities, as defined by 47 U.S.C.Section 1401, County hospitals, public hospitals or hospital districts, and public entities outside Texas, as defined by TGC 2054.0565.
About the Contract
HTC Global Services can provide any of the following services to DIR customers per our contract DIR-CPO-4998.
- Definition: Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Examples include web application development; mobile application development; service oriented architecture (SOA); researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed; and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
Application Maintenance and Support
- Definition: Application Maintenance and Support includes troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining, improving security, and enhancing legacy systems and applications which may be running in a production environment.
- Examples of included services: research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation. Services may be provided on a 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Technology Upgrade, Migration, and Transformation
- Definition: Technology Upgrade or Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting or migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality, or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade or Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Examples of included services: assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
Enterprise Resource Planning
- Definition: ERP is an amalgamation of an organization’s information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as “back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management.These systems are modularized and generally highly configurable.
- Examples of included services: planning and assessment; requirements development; business process reengineering (BPR); implementation and conversion services; application programming and support services; database administration,system software administration and support; functional support; and training support.
DIR Ordering Process and Placing Orders
Step 1. Customers must complete a Statement of Work (SOW) that must be in the form contained in Appendix C.
- APPENDIX C, STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW) [PDF]
- Please see DIR’s Statement of Work page for more information on Agile SOWs and Waterfall SOWs to help choose which best fits your business needs.
Step 2. Use the Statement of Work template above and include the minimum suggested items such as:
- Scope of work
- Compliance Requirements
- Accessibility Requirements
- Security Requirements
- Privacy Requirements
- Reporting Deliverables
Step 3. State agency customers (not including institutions of higher education) must follow the purchasing thresholds specified in Senate Bill 20 and submit SOWs to DIR for review and approval both at the draft and final submission phases. For more information about the purchasing thresholds and SOW requirements, please see:
Step 4. Vendors provide a written response.
Step 5. Customers should negotiate pricing of deliverables directly with vendor.
Step 6. Customers and vendors may work together to improve the SOW.
Step 7. Customers may negotiate the terms and conditions of a SOW to suit their business needs, as long as the SOW terms and conditions do not conflict with or weaken the terms of the contract.
Step 8. Customer issues a purchase order (PO) based on the negotiated specifications in accordance with the SOW, and Vendor begins work upon receipt of PO. Vendor then invoices Customer. (DIR Contract Number DIR-CPO-4998 must be referenced on the PO.)
SOWs can be sent via email, fax or regular mail.
To obtain a quote, place a purchase order with, or seek warranty information with HTC Global Services for services under the DIR DBITS contract, please contact:
Contract Manager: Mark Hollingsead
HTC Global Services
3270 West Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Phone: (O) 601-750-7278