Amid the pandemic, numerous organizations have been compelled to adapt and transform their communication strategies to meet evolving consumer behavior and purchase trends. This led to the widespread adoption of cloud-based customer communication management (CCM) and the revolutionary integration of AI and automation. AI-powered chatbots and virtual assistants are increasingly offering immediate personalized responses to customer inquiries and concerns. Automation is enabling organizations to streamline and accelerate their processes. These keystone technologies drive omnichannel experiences, helping organizations deliver timely and relevant information. Today, CCM has evolved as a bridge between organizations and their customers, where they can proactively engage with patrons and prospects, forging deeper connections and driving sustainable growth.
CX is becoming the yardstick to customer attrition, and CCM can enable responsive, seamless, and secure multi-channel communication, which all lead to deepened relationships with customers and differentiation.
Change the narrative with CCM – The first step in digital transformation
Consumer expectations are dramatically changing, urging organizations to communicate with their customers’ channels of choice in an intelligent, timely, and context-sensitive way. Recent studies indicate a paradigm shift in customer behavior toward subconscious and emotional motivations. Customer experience (CX) value is becoming a major brand differentiator. Easy access to digital channels, online self-service, and professional agents are key factors that drive brand loyalty. Almost 80% of value creation achieved by leading organizations comes from providing a consistent and proactive CX.
Enriching the customer journey with AI and automation
CX is becoming a yardstick to an organization’s customer attrition with more and more customers leaving a brand owing to poor CX. CCM enables responsive communication across various channels, thus providing a delightful experience with lesser wait times. Seamless and secure interactions can help organizations boost their customer trust and loyalty, leading to deepened relationships with customers and differentiation. This can be achieved through the following initiatives:
- Customer-centric communication: Customers seek elements that streamline and enhance their consumer journey, focusing on convenience, usability, and satisfaction at every touchpoint. To truly put the customer at the front and center, organizations must prioritize seamless experiences across touchpoints.
- Omnichannel communication: Customers initiate conversations on one channel and continue on another. Organizations must emphasize on omnichannel solutions for seamless communication and consolidate data across different functions to ensure a frictionless and personalized experience for their customers.
- Hyper-personalized communication: Organizations can outsmart competition with exceptional customer-centric communication strategies. Customers today prefer hyper-personalized CX with follow-ups, offers, and promotions catering to their needs, during important life events and timely recommendations for expiring consumables.
- Self-service: Modern-day customers want to carry out their inquiries and transactions without long wait times or being physically present at the store. Through multimodal communication, organizations can provide a comprehensive platform for self-service interactions.
Leveraging AI and automation for improved business outcomes
AI has the transformative potential to revolutionize CX. In the coming days, customers will be unable to spot the bot because most communications will be AI-powered. Recent studies cite that most emergent organizations would have level-five AI-driven customer service maturity, which can allow them to handle 95% of their service interactions via AI and digital channels. Organizations need to focus on fostering the relationship with their customers through:
- Easy anywhere, anytime access: Cloud-native technology can enable an agile environment, allowing organizations and customers to communicate securely and efficiently.
- Intuitive user experience: Adding AI-led no-code or low-code platforms to the design tech stack, enables organizations to deliver powerful and engaging UX. This includes visually appealing dashboards, interactive elements, and smoother navigation.
- Elevated customer journeys: AI opens up innovation opportunities by tracking and monitoring trends and applications. This includes voice-based or gesture-based communication, AR/VR experiences, or even new forms of visualization and feedback.
- Enhanced business outcomes: Business intelligence and data analysis can be deployed for generating reports, upselling, or cross-selling. Moreover, organizations can also adapt to changing compliance requirements in real time.
Unlocking growth with personalized CX
The future belongs to organizations that dedicate enhanced focus on reducing complexities and over-regulations in communication – especially creation, management, personalization, and targeting. Organizations must start viewing CX as a strategic objective to create a loyal and engaged customer ecosystem. Amid heightened data privacy and protection concerns, organizations that are able to provide a secure and interactive consumer experience can achieve sustainable growth.
#Customer Communication Management